Minutes of meeting held at The Club Wednesday 6th February @ 4.00pm


D.Henwood, N.Price, R.Darrach, R.Heaton, J.Rutledge, J.Bottomley, J.Hollingsworth, R.



  1. Guttenbeil

Minutes of Previous Meeting:

Moved that the minutes from previous meeting held 11th January 2019 be adopted R.Aitchison/J.Rutledge Matters arising:

Ron H and Ngare P had a meeting with Naomi Brown who is the new Bidfood rep looking after Mangawhai district. Meeting was very informative with regards to discounts, prices, points systems etc.

Inwards Correspondence:

Letter received from Allan Stebben advising of their plans to move to Papamoa and that it will be necessary for him to hand over the Classic excel files on a memory stick. He is also wanting to train someone to learn how to do this in the future.

Letter from Bowls Northland Inc re Strategic Plan 2018 — 2022.

Letter from Eric Smitton advising he now has Hunter kits for scoreboards and rink and boundary markers.

Letter from Gwen Lawson advising that her “Bowls Report” in the Northern Advocate will now be published on a Friday (previously published on a Thursday) from beginning of Feb.

Letter from John Wintle saying as a life member he has speaking rights. Thank you card received from Cath Crocker.

Outwards Correspondence:

Letter sent to John Wintle in response to his letter, advising him that we did not agree with his interpretation of “Life membership” rights in accordance with Bowls N.Z and Bowls Northland.

Membership list sent to Jacqui Howarth (Men/85, Ladies/72)

Moved that correspondence be approved R.Aitchison/J.Bottomley

Treasurer’s Report:

Accounts to be paid — Bidfood/$751.34, 4 Square/$66.58, Gifts & Books/$29.96,

Club/$180.OO, Ranford Bingo/$273.55, Warkworth Locksmith/$78.75,

Above passed for payment and financials accepted.  N.Price/R. Darrach

Match Committee:

Molesworth 4 Square Open Mixed pairs — 25 teams (4 outside teams). Bev Williams helping in the afternoon. Ron will need help in the morning. Players not required to bring plate.

Presidents Invitation 4’s Thursday 28th February — flyers have been e-mailed out. Ron to organise a group of players to phone as many outside Clubs as possible to establish how many visiting teams can be expected.

Magical M’whai Tournament — sub-committee working on schedule.

Charity A/C triples Wed 3rd April — Surf Lifesaving has been selected as Charity for 2019.

Jackie — 1st year singles both men & ladies still to be held.

Bygraves leads & Twos to be held 20/Feb (players who have won this tournament previously, are not eligible to enter). Ladies 100 Up to be held 27/Feb.

On the 6th March we are hosting a mystery outside team. $10 entry fee. Our bowlers are required to bring a plate.

General Business:

Raewyn advised that she had been asked if it was possible for a set of rules and regulations to be included in members programme booklet (it has been pointed out that other Clubs do have this information in their programme booklets.)

Raewyn confirmed that a notice advising details of date and time of monthly B.C meetings would be put on the noticeboard.

Ray Aitchison confirmed the first night of Biz House bowls was very successful. They have 44 teams registered. Budget still to be prepared. 3 raffles sold on first night.

B.J. Lovie trophy still to be engraved — this can be arranged at same time as other trophies engraved in time for annual prizegiving.

Dundee advised that The Club had received a letter from Spark asking whether the Club would be interested in entering into a 30 year arrangement with them regarding the tower currently situated in the carpark area. Spark also wish to increase the height by approx. 5 mtrs. Spark are offering payment of $8000p.a (split between the 2 Clubs)

Dundee bought to exec attention that the position of green Superintendent was dropped. Raewyn was to check back of previous S.G.M minutes to see when this position was dropped. Also to check constitution to see if position of Green Superintendent is in it.

The Club:

Nil to report.

Northland Bowls:

No minutes available for month.

There being no further business to discuss, meeting closed at 5.15pm

Next meeting to be held Monday 11th March @ 4.00pm

Allan StebbenFebruary 2019 Minutes